Saturday, December 28, 2013

My 2013 Year-End Review in Movies

It's that time of the year when lists abound, ranking and rating all manner of things from the past year.  So I thought that I would add my two-cents worth on the subjects of movies released in 2013.  My list(s) include both movies that I have seen as well as those that I missed, but wished I had seen.

You will notice immediately - that at least as far as this past year is concerned - I'm a total fanboy in my movie tastes.  Generally, I'm a much broader person when it comes to movies, but this year I saw far more movies that were comic book-based, sci-fi and generally geeky.  I wholeheartedly acknowledge my nerdiness - in fact, I embrace it.  But please know I am much more than just that in my overall entertainment choices.

So with no further adieu, I give you my 2013 year-end review in movies.

Steve 

My Top Enjoyable Movies of 2013:

1. Iron Man 3
2. Star Trek Into Darkness
3. Elysium
4. Thor: The Dark World
5. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
6. Saving Mr. Banks
7. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Most Disappointing Movie of 2013 (IMHO):

1. The Man of Steel

14 Movies I Wished I Had Seen (And Still Might See):

1. World War Z
2. The Butler
3. Diana
4. Gravity
5. Captain Phillips
6. 12 Years a Slave
7. The Book Thief
8. Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom
9. Inside Llewyn Davis
10. American Hustle
11. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
12. Her

13. The Invisible Woman
14. The Wolf of Wall Street


Which movies would be on your list for this past year? Which ones did you enjoy the most? Which ones did you wish you had avoided? Please share your opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment